This subpage (“Subpage”) contains important information we are required by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), including (i) the controller(s) of your personal information; (ii) legal bases, (iii) your legal rights, (iv) safeguards we rely on for transferring your personal information outside the EEA; and (v) the contact details of the controller and Data Protection Officer. Please read this page carefully. If you have any questions, you can contact us at the details below.
WHO CONTROLS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Provide, improve, and develop by Wooda.
Provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
We will process this personal information with your consent or based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest to you.
How the Payments uses the personal information collected.
The Payments processes this personal information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
Data Access and Portability
You have the right to request certain copies of your personal information held by us. In certain instances, you also have the right to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Wooda account).
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, to comply with our legal obligations, and as permitted by applicable law.
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information, subject to certain limitations and restrictions. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Wooda account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that Wooda account to prevent that user from opening a new Wooda account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) will continue to be publicly visible on Wooda, even after your Wooda account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed.
- Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) will remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain Wooda to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent you can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account settings or by sending a communication to Wooda specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Restriction of Processing
You have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the personal information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 4.6 (below) and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Wooda override your own.
Objection to Processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information based on grounds specific to your situation if such processing is for direct marketing or is for a purpose based on a legitimate interest or public interest. If you object to processing based on legitimate or public interests we will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or where the processing is otherwise required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time, ask Wooda to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You have the right to lodge complaints about our data processing activities by filing a complaint with our Data Protection Officer who can be reached by the “Contact Us” section above or with a supervisory authority, either your local supervisory authority or our lead supervisory authority.
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide Wooda to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using Wooda);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); and/or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).